Learning a second language can be a difficult process, and the Library offers all kinds of books and cds on how to do so. But did you know that we also offer access to an online series of language courses, available through both computers and mobile devices?
Pronunciator is a website that helps you learn one of their 80 languages offered, through “self-directed lessons, live teachers, quizzes, movies, music, and more.” It offers thousands of courses for these languages, and can be accessed both on computers and on mobile devices. Pronunciator also offers ESL courses in 50 different languages for those who wish to learn English as a second language.
To learn more about Pronunciator, take a tour of their website.
To Use Pronunciator:
1. Click here, or visit our website at www.cshlibrary.org and click on the grey button on the right labeled “Learn a Foreign Language – Pronunciator.”
2. Enter your library barcode number in the box on the right labeled “Library Card #” (under the heading “First Time Here?”). Click the blue “Register” button.
3. Create an account by entering your email address, a new password, and your full name (optional) in the boxes. Your email address will be your “Student Name” for logging in.
4. Once you’ve registered, click “Launch Pronunciator,” and you’re good to go!
To Use the Pronunciator App:
1. Download the Pronunciator app for your Android or Apple device from the app store.
2. Open the app and log in using your account’s email address and password. If you have not yet created an account with Pronunciator, follow the steps in the above instructions.
3. You’re all set!
Bon voyage, and happy learning!