Borrow Passes to Area Museums
Through this program, district residents can visit some of the area’s great museums for free.
Tour the largest living collection of New York State freshwater reptiles, fish and amphibians.
Pass admits 2 adults and 4 children under 18.
Discover the whaling history of Cold Spring Harbor and Long Island, and attend events highlighting the relationship between people and the ocean.
Pass admits 2 adults and accompanying children, up to 6 people.
Learn about the history of aviation and space exploration through hands-on exhibits, aircrafts, and short films.
Pass admits 2 adults and 2 children age 18 or younger.
Explore collections of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, early Modern, and contemporary art.
Pass admits 4 people (2 per pass); also admits 2 adults and 4 kids to the Brooklyn Museum.
Learn about military and maritime history through a collection of vessels and aircraft, including the space shuttle Enterprise.
Pass admits up to 6 people. MUST show one CSH Library card and the Intrepid pass.
Play the day away in a variety of themed galleries, from bubble making, to climbing, to musical instruments and more.
Pass admits 4 people. No adults without children, nor children unaccompanied by an adult will be admitted.
Browse exhibitions of European and American art focused on the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries.
Pass admits 2 adults and 4 children.
Experience a guided tour of Westbury House, a Charles II-style mansion furnished with fine English antiques and decorative arts, and its beautiful gardens.
Pass admits 2 adults and accompanying children.
Tour the living quarters of Vanderbilt’s Gold Coast mansion, filled with priceless art and furnishings; explore collections of animal specimens and artifacts from cultures around the world in the museum; or view a sky show and attend an astronomy program at the planetarium.
Pass admits 2 adults and 4 children under age 18 to free general museum admission, exhibits, mansions tours, and one planetarium show per family member.
• Passes are for use by Cold Spring Harbor card holders in good standing, 18 and older, and are available for borrowing at the Information Services Desk.
• Reservations will be taken up to three months in advance of the desired date, subject to availability on a first come, first served basis. To reserve a pass or for more information call or visit the Information Services desk on the main floor, 631-692-6820.
• Passes may be borrowed for three days, except if borrowed Thursday, in which case they will be due Monday. The passes must be returned to the Information Services Desk during library operating hours. Passes may not be placed in the book drop.
• Late charges are $10.00 per day. Any user who loses a pass will be charged the replacement cost of that museum pass.
• Each museum reserves the right to determine the rules and regulations governing the use of the museum pass.
• Only one pass reservation at a time is permitted per family.